As you can see, I love mushrooms. Probably half my recipes on this blog have mushrooms in them for one reason or another. Anyway, here is a pie/quiche that I made for my mom’s party. It’s so good, even my picky ten-year-old sister ate it!
First you start with a light, buttery crust
Maybe frying the mushrooms and onions separately was unnecessary, but that’s what the recipe said.
1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp butter
About 6 large mushrooms
1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub butter with dry ingredients until like fine breadcrumbs. Add milk to form dough and press into a pie dish.
- Coarsely chop onions and mushrooms. Fry onions until glassy but not brown, then put into the pie dish. Then fry the mushrooms, and place them over the onions.
- Beat cream with egg and pour the mixture evenly over the pie. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until egg mixture is set.